Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009

As I sit here in the early morning synergy of a new year, I am awash in the endless possibilities of what 2009 will have in store for my life. I have long forgone the desperate lists of changing my ways to meet the foregone conclusions of the collective consciousness. For me, this new year as all past years will continue to be about life's journey and those hearts and lives that have been touched and connected along the way.

This new year will continue to be about the service of the soul and the gathering of reflective thoughts on the cognizance of the Universe. It will be about understanding the essences of what each year presents in the growing thoughts and actions that reflect our world and our collective hearts and minds. This year will be about the manifestation of the dream and the actualization of the dreamer.

I welcome 2009 as a time of reflection and true renewal and a time to let the poet inside of me wax poetical expression unbridled and untethered to a world in dire need of heart songs and redirections of the soul.

Welcome 2009-A Poem

I pause and reflect on the moment
of a year that has come and past
I revel in what life will offer now
what time will turn and cast

I gather at the hearth of a Universe
and absorb the lessons learned
I pause at the door of a planet
to seek the peace so yearned

I wonder if the past will circle
the world in its magnitude
I listen for songs of redemption
on the wings of a beatitude

I am awash in the possibilities
in the heartbeat of this new year
I am true to the calling of purpose
that life has manifest so clear

I welcome 2009 in its greatness
with open mind to what it will show
I walk purposefully on the journey
of life thoughts and what I must know

I marvel in what life will serve me
in its majestic majesty of right
I open my mind as its servant
and follow the tunnels' light

I have joy in the endless workings
of a life that is lived to its core
I rest on the wings of the Spirit
as I welcome 2009 and more.

1 comment:

Momsstuff2018 said...

Wonderful taking the moment to reflect within. Penning the words close to description which only the writer can interpret.